5.04.2009

Friends & Family Are Blooming All Over the Place










It is so wonderful when a cutting from a dear friend not only takes root, but grows and blooms. It was so exciting to see this little yellow rose, back in the Fall my friend Kim was gracious enough to have shared a cutting. It came from her 100 year old historic home. This rose to our best knowledge, was originally planted by her front porch in the 1920's.
I can look all around my garden and remember family and friends that have shared a cutting, or divided a plant for my garden. There is the crium that my husband's Paternal Grandmother gave me some 16 years ago, that in July blooms a bright hot pink flower. The shrimp plant that my friend Mildred shared that feeds the hummingbirds and makes me feel closer to her since she lives out of town. Even a rose bush that was one of my Father In-law's favorite from his home. Also, the sweet peas that train up my lattice, that came from Ella Vee a friend and neighbor, a long time gardener for over 50 years. I love the scent from these little flowers, to me they are just divine and one of my favorites.
Some of these people are no longer living, but their plants are. So when I feel melancholy, I can stroll around the garden and perk right up. I highly recommend you consider this as a way to get your flower beds full of garden memories.
Until next time.
Blessings,

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment