6.19.2009

Squashing Those Bugs!












I wanted to share a really easy and wonderful tip to keep worms from eating up your vines before the plant has a chance to produce. Collect all of the wood ashes you can, I don't have a wood burning fireplace or stove so I enlisted the help of a neighbor to keep theirs for me.
Then I took a plastic pot and scooped up about a few cups worth and used the holes in the bottom of the plant to help sprinkle them around the base of the squash, cucumber, or pumpkin plant. Then watch those bugs go away. I am not sure the science behind why this works, someone told me they thought it was like diametaceous earth, the crystals fatally do internal damage to their digestive system.
I have never had such a successful planting season as this one. I love it not only because I was able to enjoy wonderful produce, but it was organic and green.
Until next time,
Happy gardening and blessings,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment